Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break

Today begins the first day of Spring Break. I haven't blogged in awhile, partially due to busyness and partially because I have just plain forgotten. The first two weeks of February we were off school because of a blizzard. During those two weeks I did an awesome job of keeping the house clean, cooking dinner, and doing my school work. Mostly because I was trapped inside my house and couldn't go anywhere. However, during this time I had a really hard time keeping up with my daily time with God because I was with Connor 24/7. And for some reason, if I don't get it done first thing in the morning I have the hardest time getting it done, even when I have time!

Then I went back to school. The weather has been alternating between nice and cold so it is messing with my body. On top of that, I started a new course and life has just gotten busy. I acknowledged to Joe that I am not the kind of girl that is cut out to be gone all day at work and then make plans in the evenings and still retain my sanity.

My life group is going through a study called Chazown. It is about discovering God's purpose for you life and it has been truly enlightening. I feel like 2011 is the year that God is saying, "Rachel...WAKE UP! I have plans for you!" Between the fast at the beginning of the year, trying to keep the house up and cook more to be healthy/save money, finish school, be a better mom and wife and serve God the way he intended, I feel like I have this huge unattainable goal set before me. I keep telling myself that school will soon be finished (I graduate in June!), summer will be here, and I have the choice to not schedule things on weeknights. Some friendships may suffer, but my family will thrive and that is more important. My Pastor always says that sometimes you have to say no to good things in order to say yes to the best.

All this rambling on has a point - though sometimes I fall short, I feel such a hope and a calling at this time in my life and I know God has me in his hands. I am so thankful to be doing life with Him who loves me.

Lord, guide me and hold me. Let your light guide my way. Help me to focus on You and Your will rather than the obstacles I see before me. Amen!

No comments: