Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What Can a Teacher Do?

I have four years of college under my belt and a degree to prove it. And what can I do? Teach. After FOUR YEARS I have one option in the job market today, and right now, that is an option I am not in love with.

So, my question is, what else can a teacher do? At first I thought pursuing a different district would be the change I need. But now I am starting to feel as though teaching is just not for me. It is a tough job. I have heard that if I went to another district I may not feel this way, but I hate to pursue another district. For some reason I feel as though I am being sneaky and disloyal. What to do, what to do.

On a happier note, my birthday last night was a blast! I went to eat at Senor Tequila's with a few friends on Brookside. I ran into some old friends from high school, listened to some music, people watched, and ate a yummy meal! And, my friend Michele bought me the yummiest smelling perfume!! My hubby bought me a beautful card and it was an all around good evening.

Lord, thank you for friends and a life group who are willing to share my happy times, but also my trials. Thanks for giving me another day to praise you and share your love with others. Be with Joe today as he works and be with all my friends. Amen.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I KNOW. Work at Union and be our 8th grade coach!!