Monday, April 21, 2008

A Monday to end all Mondays

Well, the morning started out harried. I was running late...as usual. I got a phone call from Joe and we got into it yet again. Why is that when you go through something that is supposed to be good for your marriage, your marriage seems to get worse. I've been told that it is part of the process of growing, but it sure does suck!

The morning bell rang to begin the day and the first thing that happens? A cat fight. Of course, out of the five teachers in the hallway, I was the only one who noticed it and had to break it up myself. For some reason, even though it was not a bad fight, I still found myself shaking and crying after it was over. I swear, breaking up middle school fights is the hugest adrenaline rush. It is an adrenaline rush I could certainly live without. When I called Joe to tell him about it I didn't get any sympathy which was just another thing to pile on to an already not so great day. First period was amazing today because Eugene was absent, but 4th period sure made up for it. At this point all I can think about is wanting to GO HOME!

Instead, I am going to re-hash the awesome weekend I had! I hung out with my friend Sara on Friday night and bought the cutest new skirt...which I am wearing today! Saturday Joe and I walked with his company to raise money for the National MS Society. His company raised over $6000! Hopefully we raised the most and were able to win some sort of prize or something! We had lunch with my cousins and their beautiful baby boy, Jack. Saturday night we went to church and then I graded papers while Joe played video games with his friend David. Then, Sunday was a great day - we played with babies and hung out with friends. Alas, then it was time for work again. :(

Lord, please please please help me to remember that you created each and every person that I come across. Help me to have your love for them and to see them through your eyes. I ask that you would be with my students and show them how to solve problems in a more civilized manner. I pray that you would heal Michele of all stress and sickness and that you would comfort her. I ask that you would be with Joe and help him to feel loved and lifted up through my words and actions. Help me to be more like you each and every day. Amen

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi friend. I just want you to know that I'm glad you and Joe fight. It makes me not feel like Brian and I are the only ones. It's encouraging to know someone else out there goes through the same thing. I hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday!

Love you girl!