Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My First Blog

I'm not really into this whole blogging thing. However, Joe says he thinks it may be therapeutic for me. Who knows. I'm willing to give it a shot. My first period is my worst class this year. I have twenty something boys and 6 or less girls everyday. It's pretty much my worst nightmare, with the exception of 3rd hour from my first year of teaching.

Anyway, today was the first day of state testing, which means I have my first period for three whole hours! They have been so-so, but wow! I had one kid combing his hair, who also got mad at me for making him stop. I have one kid who I have had to nudge awake about 50 times. I'm not kidding.

During the bathroom break I could hear five of the boys slamming the bathroom doors and talking all the way down the hall. Those five will not be getting bathroom breaks tomorrow. I guess I'll wait and see how the rest of my day goes to see if this provides the therapy I am searching for.

Lord, grant me some peace and joy to make it through the rest of the day!

3 comments:

rockpro182 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rockpro182 said...

I'm so proud of you. I hope you have an awesome day. I'll be praying for you all day.

Mel said...

heya rachel saw you added a blog. blogs are wonderful, definitely theraputic at times. i have had one for almost 5 years now though i don't actually blog too much anymore.

and if you every need to talk about the coakley boys let me know. they can be a handful.