Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School 2008

What a way to start the school year...nauseous! But, the good news is that I didn't throw up until I got home. I desperately need my refill of Zofran to get rid of this icky feeling. I have three boys that are repeaters that I am keeping my eye on and one new boy that I am keeping on top of. I already had to call a mom! I couldn't believe it. In my vast experience of three whole years of teaching I have never had to call a parent on the first day of school. We will have to see how day 2 goes with the little lovely.

Sara got home last night. I was so glad! She had gone to California for her old roommates wedding, but that made the first day of school so lonely without her here to chat with. I look forward to the end of today so we can whine about the students together.

Signing off for today, Lord watch over me, my baby, my friends, family, and each of my students. I ask that you would just make yourself known to those who don't already know you and draw closer to you the ones that do. Thanks for the blessings in my life that I know come only from you. Love ya! Amen.

1 comment:

Sara Gregersen said...

Its nice riding home from school with you and being able to vent about the day!