Monday, August 18, 2008

Looking Back

Looking back at the first week of school overall, I would classify it as good. Don't get me wrong, I had my little lovelies who already wanted to push the envelope, but there were only a few of them. I was able to buy a comfy pair of shoes to support my preggo butt, so I don't expect my feet to hurt as bad this coming week.

Baby Adrian Thomas (the name Joe and I have temporarily decided on) has been swimming and kicking around in my belly so much in the last few days! Each time I am still filled with surprise and a little bit of awe that I have a baby in my tummy. I told Joe that I was also struggling a little bit with the fear that in just a few short months I will be in charge of another human beings life, that he will depend completely on Joe and I for everything. I think I may need some prayer for that.

On Wednesday the 13th I bought a book at Mardel called "Before the Bell Rings" that has little devotions that you can read each morning before you start school. I loved Friday's prayer in it, so that is what I will end with today.

Lord, let me always be mindful that my faith in students may be what draws them to you. Amen.

No comments: