Thursday, January 13, 2011

Date Night

Connor woke us up at 5:30 again this morning. Not the way I wanted to start my day, but it got me to my faculty meeting on time! The food updates are getting really boring for me because I am at the point in the fast where I feel like I am eating the same things over and over again. Smoothie for breakfast and granola bar for snack. I guess lunch was a little different - last night I made some northern dip and ate some of that with triscuits and corn chips. I also had a little bit of leftover salsa to dip! On top of that, I ate some peas and a pickle!

Dinner tonight was very interesting. It was Great Dates night at church, so Joe and I decided to eat at McAlister's Deli. We each got a baked potato and ate it with nothing but salt, so kind of boring. I also ordered a Greek salad and I am 99% sure they forgot to put the dressing on it so it was also very boring. When you don't have good food to eat, dates go by very quickly. However, we had some great relationship-building conversation in the car without Connor screaming, "Mom, Mom, Mommy, MOMMY!!!!!"

Since I knew we were going on the date tonight, I decided to clean a bit when I got home from school. I got my sink cleared out and ran a load of dishes, plus hung my and Connor's clothes up. I meant to also do a 15 minute pick up, but I did my class assignment instead. Cleaning can wait until tomorrow I suppose. :)

I know it has only been two weeks since the new year started, but I will say I am quite proud of myself for sticking out all of the goals I have been working on. I know there are more areas I need to be working on, but I'm taking on just a few new things at a time so as not to get overwhelmed. However, this morning God really pointed out the "log" in my own eye as I read today's scripture. In James 1:19 it told me to be quick to listen and slow to anger. As I was letting that sink in and thinking about how I do the complete opposite, I then read verse 26 which tells me to watch what I say. Ugh! Ok Lord, I get that through this fast I am supposed to be learning and growing, but those are HARD!!!!!!

An old prayer I came across awhile ago: Lord, help me to be kind and sweet, help me to think before I speak. Help me to realize each day I represent you in every way - what I say and what I do, where I go and what I read to. So help me please dear Lord I pray to keep these things in mind each day. Amen.

No comments: