Monday, January 24, 2011

Still Not Complaining. Nope. Not Me!

This morning I thanked God that I am alive. A stuffy nose will not keep me from rejoicing that I have my general health. Then, in fifth hour, I emailed Joe and told him that I am thankful to have a job when so many don't, and I am thankful that God thought highly enough of me to put me in a location with a lot of what I like to call "lovelies." I have been praying that as I speak these words of thanks, my heart will truly align with Christ's heart and that those thoughts will truly be my thoughts.

Joe joined a basketball league and they play every Monday. Connor and I were supposed to go and watch tonight, but Connor has been coughing and snotty since Saturday and last night I came down with it, so we decided we would stay home so we could both go to bed on time. So, he and I went on a Mommy-Connor date. And of course, just because I love him, I took him to get pizza. Now, Joe and I are on a budget and unplanned eat outs are under the category of allowance, so I had to choose a pizza place that C and I could both eat at for under $10 - it was all I had left from my last allowance. We went to Pizza Hut. And I had to rejoice for the time with my son because I usually do not rejoice over pizza from that location. I also had to rejoice that I had enough money to take my son out to eat. Phew, this not-complaining thing is quite difficult!

After C went to bed, I was able to do some cleaning (thanks FlyLady!) and some homework. Only 19.5 weeks until I graduate with my Master's degree!

Lord, continue this work in my heart and I choose not to complain, but instead to rejoice each and every day. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:34. Thank you for your healing hand, and thank you for leading me to a place where I can grow each and every week in the company of your children. Amen.

No comments: