Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2, Day 1

Food Update: Breakfast was more of the homemade granola bars - yum! I took an apple to work for a snack, but I was so swamped I didn't even have time to eat it. I guess it will be there for me tomorrow. For lunch I had leftover bean and rice casserole. For dinner tonight I made stuffed bell peppers and salad with homemade Italian dressing. I would say that the bell peppers will be something I will try again when I can have meat and cheese. I stuffed them with brown rice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, basil, oregano, and chopped onion. It was okay, but not terrific. I also think I could have cooked them a bit longer to soften the peppers more. The Italian dressing was ok, but I kept comparing it to Olive Garden and it just didn't measure up.

To anyone who thinks school teachers are just glorified baby-sitters, I would like for you to come teach for a week. It is only Monday and I am exhausted! Part of that did have to do with the fact that it snowed last night night and the kids were extremely hyper. I had to cover for another teacher on my plan time today and I am very behind on grading.

So now I have to ask myself what to do with the rest of my evening. What I SHOULD do is some homework for my graduate class, dishes, and something else from my flylady website, but what I WANT to do is sit on my butt and watch TV and relax. Maybe I will find a good mix in between. But first things first, I must put Connor to bed! He also wears me out.

Lord, give me the energy I need to be a good wife and a good mother tonight. I desperately need all that You have for me tonight. Amen.

No comments: