Friday, January 14, 2011

Downhill From Here

Joe and I are so excited that we are on the downhill slide to this fast! After today we only have 9 days left!!! Breakfast and lunch weren't anything new today, but dinner was very exciting! I made homemade basil pesto sauce and we had it on top of whole wheat spaghetti. For my first attempt at pesto - without cheese - I thought it was quite tasty. Joe even managed to scarf down several bites. He ended up making a bowl of spaghetti noodles with olive oil and garlic salt, which was also quite tasty. Connor wouldn't even try the noodles with the pesto. If its greet he won't even try it. SO ANNOYING!!!!

On to other things. Tomorrow is Connor's birthday party. I'm really excited because last year we just had our family over at different times. This is his first year to have an actual party with his friends. I can't wait to take pictures! I hope next year he is a little bit opinionated on his theme though because I seriously struggled with choosing something this year. Oh well. It should be fun no matter what.

Since we are having guests tonight, Fly Lady is out the window. It won't be a 15 minutes touch up and a clean sink. We are going to have to CLEAN THIS HOUSE. It seems like it wouldn't be so dirty since I have been working on it all week, but with a two year old in the house nothing stays clean for longer than 2 hours - and that's only because he's napping! Ha!

Joe and I have agreed to try an 8 o'clock bedtime with Connor. Last night he went to bed at 8:30 because we were out and slept in until 6. I'm hoping that if we put him to bed an hour later on a regular basis maybe he will start sleeping until 6 or later. It is very difficult to have quiet times on weekday mornings and to be able to sleep in on the weekends when your kid is constantly up at 5:30 each morning.

So Lord, you know what my heart's desire is for tomorrow evening. I've been praying all week and I believe that tomorrow you will answer my prayers. Thank you for the blessing of friends and family that we will get to see tomorrow. Thank you for bringing me through another week and putting me one week closer to You and to the goals I have set. Lord, I also pray for anybody reading this that they will find accountability through my choices and that they will hold me to high standards. Amen!

No comments: